A Multi-Disciplinary Construction Consultancy specialising in Dispute Avoidance, Expert Witness, Dispute Resolution, Training, Project Management, Commercial Management, Programme Management and Risk Analysis & Mitigation.
The Company has been established since 2002 and has a strong and growing Client portfolio. With 5 office locations across the UK, it is strategically positioned to provide a high level of service to Clients nationwide.
The company’s mission statement is “Through Focussed Teamwork and a Passion for Technical Excellence, we work with Clients to deliver great Products and Services and strive to improve the quality of people’s lives”.
Job Profile – Senior Consultant – Commercial / Contractual
- Construction professional providing Professional Commercial and Contract Advisory Services and Dispute Resolution Services with no limits on scope for personal and career growth.
- The Senior Consultant will report to the Divisional Lead.
- The Senior Consultant will be a professional with a construction related degree who has worked for a number of years for:
- A business providing Dispute Resolution/Avoidance services and advice; and
- A contracting organisation with involvement in managing claims/disputes.
- Outstanding candidates with sole employment in one of the above business types will be considered.
- The Senior Consultant will have experience in resolving disputes and providing commercial and contractual advice to Clients.
- Duties will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Reviewing and providing advice on Construction Contracts.
- Assisting Clients (or internal colleagues) to avoid disputes by providing professional commercially focussed advice.
- Assisting Clients (or internal colleagues) on issues associated with loss and delay.
- Work with Ramskill Martin’s Delay Analysts to provide assistance on contentious and non‑contentious time related matters.
- Present Training to Ramskill Martin’s numerous Clients on commercial, contractual and time related matters.
- Representation of Ramskill Martin’s Clients in various Tribunals.
- Work with Solicitors providing professional assistance in construction disputes.
- Combined with this, the Senior Consultant will be required to provide managerial support to the Divisional Lead.
- The role requires the Senior Consultant to be a dynamic team player and to be an enthusiastic developer of individuals both technically and personally.
- The Senior Consultant will be interested in being involved in assisting Ramskill Martin with its ambitious growth plans including involvement in recruitment, the design of new Products and Services and diversification into new construction sectors.
The Person Profile below details some key aspects that the successful candidate will possess in order to carry out the role of Senior Consultant:
Experience and Expectations
- The successful candidate will be experienced in providing professional construction commercial and contractual advice or working in a senior commercial role for a contracting organisation. A career, to date, which includes employment by both types of business would be ideal.
- Experience in dispute avoidance or resolution is crucial and the candidate should possess a keen interest in increasing and developing their understanding in the field.
- A proven track record of building and leading teams and a desire to help develop all members of the Professional Team.
- Experienced in devising strategies and the tenacity to follow a project through from inception to completion.
- A high level of practical and academic understanding of commercial and contractual matters combined with a clear understanding of ‘construction law’ is essential.
- Be assertive, confident and comfortable in a meeting environment and able to actively contribute where necessary.
- The ability to deliver a high standard of Services.
- Have experience and/or keen to learn and assist with Business Development and developing business relationships with Clients of various backgrounds.
- The candidate will have significant experience / working knowledge of both the JCT, NEC and Non-Standard Forms of Contract and will want to learn more.
- Ability and a passion for working as part of a team is paramount.
- Further studies will be actively encouraged.
- It is essential to have a high working knowledge and experience with JCT and NEC Forms of Contract.
- Experience of managing, avoiding and resolving disputes to a high professional standard.
- To be, or aspire to be, an Expert in your professional field.
- To have the drive, passion and personality to assist in the resolution of construction disputes both professionally, commercially and pragmatically.
- To be able to communicate across all levels, both internally throughout the business and externally with Clients, Consultants and the like.
- The Candidate will be construction degree qualified, ideally in Quantity Surveying, with a minimum of 10+ years’ experience in the industry.
- Chartered or some other relevant Professional Qualifications.
- It would be advantageous for the candidate to have a second qualification or to be interested in attaining one.
- Excellent communicator; verbally and in written form including Report writing.
- A strategic, agile thinker and proven problem solver.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- First class time management skills.
- Goal driven with a focus on personal and business success.
- Competent with all standard Microsoft Office software.
- Able to promote Ramskill Martin’s Products and Services to potential Clients.
- Familiarity and understanding of Programmes and Programming software.
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence.
What Can We Offer You?
- The opportunity for career progression and support from Senior Management in this process.
- A strong team ethos and friendly working environment.
- A pro-active attitude towards improving both knowledge and personal development.
- Training, Coaching and Support will be provided to the successful candidate.
- The opportunity to gain experience working on a variety of challenging projects in a number of sectors.
- Competitive salary package, benefits and incentives.